Monday, May 23, 2016

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Allegiance of Honor



From the author Nalini Singh: I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted to buy my first book, Desert Warrior, it was a dream come true. I hope to continue living the dream until I keel over of old age on my keyboard.


I was born in Fiji and raised in New Zealand. I also spent three years living and working in Japan, during which time I took the chance to travel around Asia. I’m back in New Zealand now, but I’m always plotting new trips. If you’d like to see some of my travel snapshots, have a look at the Travel Diary page (updated every month).

So far, I've worked as a lawyer, a librarian, a candy factory general hand, a bank temp and an English teacher and not necessarily in that order. Some might call that inconsistency but I call it grist for the writer's mill.

Keep up with Nalini online at her Website, on Facebook, on Twitter, and on GoodReads.


Allegiance of Honor
Psy-Changeling Book #15

Buy from Amazon / B&N / iBooks / Kobo / ARe 

The “unparalleled romantic adventure”* of Nalini Singh’s New York Times bestselling series continues as a new dawn begins for the Psy-Changeling world…

The Psy-Changeling world has undergone a staggering transformation and now stands at a crossroads. The Trinity Accord promises a new era of cooperation between disparate races and groups. It is a beacon of hope held together by many hands: Old enemies. New allies. Wary loners.

But a century of distrust and suspicion can’t be so easily forgotten and threatens to shatter Trinity from within at any moment. As rival members vie for dominance, chaos and evil gather in the shadows and a kidnapped woman’s cry for help washes up in San Francisco, while the Consortium turns its murderous gaze toward a child who is the embodiment of change, of love, of piercing hope: A child who is both Psyand changeling.

To find the lost, protect the vulnerable—and save Trinity—no one can stand alone. This is a time of loyalty across divisions, of bonds woven into the heart and the soul, of heroes known and unknown standing back to back and holding the line. But is an allegiance of honor even possible with traitors lurking in their midst?

Our review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Reckless Reaper - Shawnie:
*eARC received to give an honest review.

My total admiration of Nalini Singh had no standing on my personal feelings for the book. I can't really write too much without making this into a spoiler review and I have those types of reviews so this is not going to be a long review.

When I started Allegiance I went in knowing that it was going to be multiple P.O.V. I also knew it was going to be a complete Psy/Changeling novel, no short stories. What I did not know was that Ms. Singh was going to pack this book to the brim with all the characters that we have come to know and love. Now I won't lie all the switching gave me a headache, until I realized that is she still running the same plotline throughout all the different points of view. She also does an amazing job of running the plot line while catching us up on everything that is happening with the various couples. I found myself eagerly awaiting the next pov switch - who would give me the next piece of information and character update. I truly believe though that the best parts and also the most informative were the letters that were sprinkled throughout the entire book, but didn't take anything away from the bottom storyline, because Singh made sure everything connected - everything. We finally get some back story on the human that was best friends with two very dangerously powerful Psy.

There was never a dull moment in the book, there was also a lot happening but that just underlined one very important thing that I think brought the whole purpose of the book to the forefront... The Psy, the Changeling and the humans were working together to get to a place were they could coexist without issues. Yes, there was your usual suspects that were firmly against the unification of the races, but the love, respect and pure stubbornness that our good guys possess was enough to eclipse all the hate. The title of the book pretty much sums it up with no issues ALLEGIANCE OF HONOR. These races gave their allegiance to one another nothing and no one is going to take that a way from them. Their honor will not let them back down or turn a blind eye to the happenings in the world because it all affects them in some way shape or form. They are united and they refuse to go back to what they were. Sascha I think said it a best... "I believe in us... All of us. I believe we'll find a way out of the darkness. The consortium won't won-and in beating it, we'll forge bonds no one will be able to break." She had it right, except for one thing. The bonds are already forged, they just have to reinforce them with hardened steel wrapped in love, understanding and acceptance.

Allegiance Of Honor is the book that gave us all hope that things would be great, that the races could survive with help from one another. Allegiance is the book that put it all in prospective for them all and gave off one simple statement from our many hero's (even if some don't think they are) in my opinion - YOU ARE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US AND WE DON'T PLAN ON LOSING.

Allegiance of Honor


No comments:

Post a Comment