Saturday, February 21, 2015

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Tattered Loyalties

Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate – even if it’s just in her books. Happy endings are always near – even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.

Carrie Ann’s Redwood Pack series is a bestselling series that has made the shifter world even more real to her and has allowed the Dante’s Circle and Holiday, Montana series to be born. She’s also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.

Feel free to stalk Carrie Ann at the following places online –
Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog, Goodreads, Amazon Author Page and Pinterest.



Tattered Loyalties
TALON PACK Book #1

Buy from Amazon / B&N / Kobo / Apple

When the great war between the Redwoods and the Centrals occurred three decades ago, the Talon Pack risked their lives for the side of good. After tragedy struck, Gideon Brentwood became the Alpha of the Talons. But the Pack’s stability is threatened, and he’s forced to take mate—only the one fate puts in his path is the woman he shouldn’t want.

Though the daughter of the Redwood Pack’s Beta, Brie Jamenson has known peace for most of her life. When she finds the man who could be her mate, she’s shocked to discover Gideon is the Alpha wolf of the Talon Pack. As a submissive, her strength lies in her heart, not her claws. But if her new Pack disagrees or disapproves of fate’s choice, the consequences could be fatal.

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Bewitching Bella - Charity:

Have you ever read a book that shook a part of you on a very human level that you didn’t realize a book could do that to you? Well that is exactly what Tattered Loyalties did to me and for me. Without spoiling the Meta Arc of this series before a reader gets the chance to read it for themselves I am going to try to give you the best review that I can and explain why I felt a connection to this book like never before.

First I am a huge Redwood Pack Series fan and was thrilled to hear that Carrie Ann Ryan was going to allow those fans to see the future of the kids we saw born in that series and in the war throughout that series. Having said that you DO NOT need to read the Redwood Series in order to start The Talon Series, Carrie Ann Ryan does a very good job of explaining the history of the world so that readers can start with Tattered Loyalties and feel just as immersed in the world without having to read anything prior. But of course I highly recommend reading the Redwood Series just for the experience.

The Talon Pack is led by An Alpha named Gideon that came to be the alpha through nontraditional means but in doing so gave his pack the only chance of survival from itself and the evil that was living within it. Now Gideon must face his past and the future that he feels is looming over his pack, with all the plans he is putting in place to protect his pack from what could possibly be coming for them he never thought that what could be the answer to his biggest problem, himself, would be a mate. Especially a mate that he thinks could never handle the evil he feels he is surrounded by.

Brie is a Redwood; she has always known where her place has been within her pack and has always known that it was important and needed in its own way for the survival and moral of the pack. It’s not one of strength in the traditional manner but one of love and softness, within that love and softness comes its own strength that not all wolves appreciate or see as valuable as traditional strength. When she realizes that she is the solution to one of Gideon’s biggest problems, Brie decides she would rather sacrifice her need for “happily ever after” for duty, in the hopes that she can be exactly what the Talon Pack needs to really heal and move forward and survive whatever may be coming in the future.

Things don’t go very smooth, there are members of the Talon pack who do not think a submissive wolf can be the Alpha Female and will go to any length to make sure she will not be for long. But Brie’s strength doesn’t come from her skill in fighting it comes from her sheer will to strive in life and in whatever role the Fates believe she is fit for and she will prove to the pack that she is the Alpha Female they need and deserve.

I was very pleased that Carrie Ann gave us a few glimpses into the next couple whose story will be told next in the series, it had me intrigued and captivated and a little restless to be honest, in a good way of course for the next installment.

The only thing that I did not like about Tattered Loyalties was I felt utterly unprepared for the emotional roller coaster I was on especially in the last chapter, I felt like I was hit by a mack truck and it’s rare that Carrie Ann leaves the reader feeling that way in the end of her books. In that sense I feel that her writing has grown a bit darker and has gotten heavier and to be a long time Carrie Ann Ryan fan that shows me some growth. It scares me a little thou because I am afraid to see what the Brentwood family’s future holds.

Now on to why this book rocked me, the meta arc of this series that the Talon Pack and the Brentwood family will have to face throughout this series is something that I fear daily in my life. I am afraid to see the true nature of this evil written on the page. I think that’s says more about my humane side than it does about the books and I am curious to see how others feel about it after they read it as well. I know that IN THE END there will be a happily ever after but I can only imagine what this family and these character will have to go through to get there. In my opinion I believe that this series will be an emotional investment but one that will be well worth it.

I Give Tattered Loyalties (Book One in The Talon Pack Series) by Carrie Ann Ryan 5 out of 5, solely because of the impact it made on me and as a reader that’s what we want right? For a book to impact us and stay with us and I have a feeling this book and this series will stay with me for many many years.

Tattered Loyalties



No comments:

Post a Comment