Friday, April 27, 2012

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Lover Reborn

J.R Ward is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author of erotic paranormal romance. She lives in the south with her incredibly supportive husband and her beloved golden retriever. After graduating from law school, she began working in healthcare in Boston and spent many years as Chief of Staff of one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation. Writing has always been her passion and her idea of heaven is a whole day of nothing but her computer, her dog and her coffee pot. 

Lover Reborn, Book #10 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series
Author: J.R Ward

Synopsis: Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment is a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance- and is unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, desolate netherworld—he turns to the angel to save his former mate, only to despair at the path he himself must take to set her free. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vies for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past, and a future that he doesn’t know he can live with… but can’t seem to turn away from.
 
Our Review [by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson]:
Immediately upon completion of this book I had one word: "wow".   I laughed, I cried, I ranted, I raved, I gasped, I oohed & awwed... I was on a non-stop emotional roller coaster & I loved every second of it!
Like most Paranormal Romance readers I'm a huge fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.  I have had my favorite books and I've picked my favorite brothers.  I've wished for outcomes that didn't happen and have greedily devoured not only the highly anticipated new releases but those that I felt were necessary to the series but not 'foundation reads' in my opinion as well.  This book was hard to even compartmentalize like that because it was so robust.  
With an interestingly intersecting past and equally tragic histories, No'One and Tohr are an interesting couple.  There were times that I wanted to smack Tohr for being so hard on No'One, and there were times were I wanted to scream at No'One to buck up and fight for what she wanted.   In the end I couldn't have imagined a better couple, but it certainly wasn't a Happily Ever After that came easy.
As I said above, this was - in my honest opinion - the most robust book of the series thus far and the most emotionally captivating read yet.  It's very difficult to write a review for it though because while an incredible amount of things happened, I can't tell you about any of them without spoiling it for new readers.
Suffice it to say that this book will grab you from the 1st page and take you on a journey so incredible you'll feel completely wrung out by the end.  While one of the longest of the series thus far, it's worth every word and every page.  
The way the book ended makes me as a diehard BDB fan want the next book that much more, and JR made us all very happy by announcing that the next book will finally be Quinn and Blay's story.  
I easily give this book 4 1/2 skulls and would recommend it to everyone.  Though if you haven't read the rest of the Black Dagger Brotherhood yet, you'll want to start from book #1.
Lover Reborn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment