Wednesday, September 5, 2012

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Ties to the Blood Moon


Robin Waldrop is a wife and mother, grandmother, business owner, and author of YA/Urban Fantasy Paranormal novels. TIES TO THE BLOOD MOON is book 1 in her series and is available on all digital sites and also in print and audio.  

Ties to the Blood Moon, Book #1 of the BLOOD MOON series
Author:  Robin Waldrop

Synopsis:  

Genevieve is a teenage girl who moves in with her aunt in Alaska after the death of her mother. Soon after her arrival she learns the things she was raised to believe only existed in fairytales are in fact a big part of her history. When it gets to be too much she seeks refuge in the arms of her new boyfriend, William, only to find out he's not who she thought he was either.

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

I snatched up this book on Amazon when Robin had it available for free. It took a bit to get to it, but I wanted to read book #2  before Robin's Event with LITERAL ADDICTION so I settled in with both of them.

Ties to the Blood Moon was a very Twilightesque YA, but different enough to warrant its own opinions and with enough intrigue to keep my interest and make me want to keep reading. 

I actually found myself chuckling several chapters in because I actually thought I wouldn't be able to get into it - being YA and all - but I found myself needing to know what would happen next. :)

Robin builds a very captivating world full of myth and history and drops it all into a picturesque Alaska setting revolving around the 3 main supe groups - the Adlet wolves, the Lycan wolves, and the Blood Drinkers - in the form of some well developed characters that stick with you.

I thoroughly enjoyed the plot, and while I expected the angst and the love triangle (it is a YA after all) it wasn't too over the top.

There were many twists and turns throughout the storyline (I won't go into details because I don't do spoilers), but they were very enjoyable and Robin threw me for a major loop with the ending, and leaves us with quite the cliff-hanger (an EXCELLENT way to make readers want the next installment ASAP). I'm excited to see where the series goes.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Ties to the Blood Moon 4 Skulls.

Ties to the Blood Moon








No comments:

Post a Comment