Tuesday, November 22, 2011

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Deathless

Scott Prussing was born in New Jersey, but was smart enough to move to beautiful San Diego as soon as he received his Master's degree in psychology from Yale University. 
In addition to writing, Scott enjoys hiking, riding his bicycle near the beach, and golf.

Deathless, Book #2 of the Blue Fire Saga
Author:  Scott Prussing
Synopsis: 
Deathless is book two in The Blue Fire Saga, a paranormal romance series filled with passion, suspense and supernatural danger. Summary:

After rescuing her brother from the caverns of a vampire coven and helping to cure her mother of a vampire bite, Leesa Nyland hopes she’s done dealing with all things supernatural. All she wants to do now is enjoy college life—and to figure out how to kiss her vampire hunter boyfriend without his magical fire burning her to a crisp. She doesn’t think that’s too much to ask.

So she’s not too happy when she begins dreaming of rotting bodies emerging from their graves, and she likes it even less when the terrifying dreams begin to come true. When objects around her start moving seemingly on their own accord, she figures that’s more than enough. It’s a good thing she doesn’t know about the powerful vampire who has sworn vengeance against her…

Our Review [By LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha – Michelle L Olson]: 
Having quickly gotten over my apprehension about the series being, as I lovingly called it in my Breathless review, “a paranormal romance said to straddle the line between YA and Adult written by a dude”, I jumped into Deathless eagerly needing to know what was next for Leesa, Rave, Stefan and the crew.

Scott didn’t disappoint, and in my first sitting with Deathless, I was up until 4:00am and counting down the time at work in the following days until I could pick it up and finish it. 

Deathless, like Breathless, was wonderfully written and gripping, but I found myself even more captivated by the story since I was now invested in the characters and their story.  In addition, Deathless adds a whole new spin to the series that wasn’t really even hinted at in Breathless, and makes the reader want Helpless (Book #3 of the Saga) immediately upon finishing the last page – in fact, I outwardly groaned when I clicked my “next page” button on my Kindle and there was no ‘next page’ to be had.
Deathless is an exciting, surprising, romantic, funny read, and a fabulous 2nd installment to the Blue Fire Saga.  I personally can’t wait for Book #3, Helpless, and eagerly look forward to my copying arriving for the Holidays. 

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Deathless 5 Skulls and definitely recommends it for anyone who started the Blue Fire journey with Breathless.  We also recommend it for both Young Adult and Adult Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance lovers who want a light-hearted, unique Paranormal read.

For those of you that do not know, Scott also has a short romance out called Mine:  A Love Story, and a murder mystery/suspense called Unturned Stones (which I’ll be digging into next!).  Having read Breathless, Mine, and Deathless, I have to say that being a Scott Prussing fan and book connoisseur is like playing Where’s Waldo combined with a rousing match of Memory.  There are small scene/character/reference cross overs in the 3 books and it’s been fun to try to remember and decide where and how I saw it before.  It’s like a literary scavenger hunt with a dose of déjà vu.  J
Deathless

No comments:

Post a Comment