Wednesday, June 25, 2014

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Fighting Fate



Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate – even if it’s just in her books. Happy endings are always near – even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.

Carrie Ann’s Redwood Pack series is a bestselling series that has made the shifter world even more real to her and has allowed the Dante’s Circle and Holiday, Montana series to be born. She’s also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.

Feel free to stalk Carrie Ann at the following places online –
Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog, Goodreads, Amazon Author Page and Pinterest.


Fighting Fate
REDWOOD PACK Book #7

Buy from Amazon / B&N / ARe / Kobo / iTunes

With her blue-black hair and striking green eyes, Cailin Jamenson is the epitome of beauty and the exemplar of strength. She has fought the enforced boundaries of being the lone Jamenson daughter and Redwood Pack princess, but it is the potential future with the dark wolf in her path that threatens everything she thought she desired.
Logan Anderson’s own darkness provided the reasoning for his abandonment of his former Pack, the Talons. Now, newly accepted into the Redwood Pack, this jade-eyed wolf and all she represents could be his own undoing.
In this final installment of the Redwood Pack, unimaginable tragedy strikes, and the two wolves who have fought the longest for their independence now face the uncertainty of fate and the epic battle that could end the war… and their lives.


Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Bewitching Bella - Charity:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

How am I supposed to write this review, it’s like saying goodbye all over again to my beloved Redwoods, the first time being when I actually read Fighting Fate. So with tissues ready I will do my best to give this review my all.

Cailin was an ever present character throughout every novel and novella in this series. Always there fighting alongside each of her brothers with a fierce passion for her family and her pack. Never knowing where her duties lay within the pack, she has no real “gifts” like her brothers; she not only fights for a place to fit in but for her freedom from fate.

Logan has finally found a home, not one that he wants but one that makes his sister and nephew happy and that’s all he has ever wanted until he laid eyes on the Redwood Princess. Now with a renewed passion for life he is willing to lay his own down to save his new pack.

Sadly, I knew that there was going to be a devastating twist to this story with the end of this series coming near, I was prepared for it. It was needed in order for the Jamenson’s to fight till the death but even with knowing it was coming I was shaking with dread as I read word after word that broke my heart.

Each book in this series lead us closer and closer to the end and each Jamenson was instrumental in the end of the “big bad” but it’s Cailin and Logan who fulfill the prophecy and deliver the final blow and as always they did it in Jamenson fashion. With passion and love they face death and fate alongside their Pack. And I for one could not be happier with the ending.

Again I thought I was prepared for this book but I was nowhere near ready for it all to end but it did and through my tears, I couldn't help but finally breathe a sigh of relief that even though my beloved Redwoods were all done telling their stories, they could finally live in a peace they hadn't known for many years. And that made it all worth it.

To my beloved Carrie Ann, this may be the end (for now) of the family that rocketed your career but you have to know that as a reader I am so happy that throughout this series I was able to see you grow as a writer and you did so with beauty and grace. Thank you for sharing your Redwoods with us and allowing me to be a part of each and every book.

Fighting Fate

No comments:

Post a Comment