Tuesday, October 1, 2013

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Desperate Choices

Hildie McQueen writes Historical Western Romance as well as Paranormal Romance, with a touch of Historical here and there. She's also published eight Highlander Historical Erotic short stories. She's a member of Romance Writers of America, as well as Georgia Romance Writers and Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal Chapters of RWA.

For fun she spends a lot of time with her girlfriends. Her hubby is her partner in crime for traveling, and they love to jump in the car (or sometimes on his motorcycle) and head to the mountains, the city or the beach. 

You can connect with Hildie online at her Website, on Facebook, on Twitter, and on GoodReads.


Desperate Choices, THE PROTECTORS Book #0.5
   by Hildie McQueen

Buy from Amazon

Synopsis:
When an Immortal demon slayer saves Rachel Andrews from certain death, her life changes forever. An unbreakable bond with the handsome Protector, drags her into a world she never believed existed and has no desire to be part of.

The actions of one night drastically alter the course of his long existence. Torn between his feelings for Rachel and his life's calling, Roderick Cronan comes face to face with the fact that he is losing both.



Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Bewitching Bella- Charity Costa:
I was asked to read book 2 of this series for LITERAL ADDICTION, but after finding out that there were other books in the Protector Series I had to get them all and read them in order, I'm a little OCD like that :)

Unlike some, I started with this one (book 0.5) and not Book 1. I'm glad I did, because I felt that it set up the Protector world perfectly. From the very 1st paragraph I was happily sucked into this world.

Desperate Choices was a quick, very smooth read that left me wide eyed, mouth gaping and racing to my laptop to grab the next one to be sent to my kindle.

Rachel and Roderick are perfect together from the beginning, I love their instant chemistry. From a few reviews that I read from others who loved this novella I'll see Rachel and Roderick later ;) I had to make sure with an ending like that.

We are introduced to two other characters in this novella that I have a feeling we are going to see in the future (I haven't read any of the other books at this point yet so I'm just guessing here by the way Hildie sets up the world of the Protectors), one of them is Roderick's roommate Cyn, LOVE HIM, he made me giggle out loud a few times and brought the humor to this short novella. The other is Julian, I can imagine some won't like him because you know he is the boss and has to be the bad guy sometimes, but I really liked him.

I'm going to keep this review short and to the point because I have the next installment and I'm itching to read it :) All Around I am amazed that Hildie was able to entice me with so few pages into the world of the Protectors.

I give Desperate Choices 5 Skulls, never have I been so enticed by a series so easily and quickly and that's a feat in itself. Give this short novella a read, I doubt you won’t be finding yourself rushing to grab the next one just as I did.

Desperate Choices

No comments:

Post a Comment