Sunday, August 14, 2011

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Forever Freed

A multi-published author of paranormal and contemporary romance, Laura Kaye’s hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong.  Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her life-long fascination with the supernatural.  Though an avid fiction writer as a teenager, a career as a historian took her in other directions until recently.  Now that Laura’s inner muse has awakened, she’s constantly creating new story ideas!  Laura lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day. 


Forever Freed
Author:  Laura Kaye
SynopsisA heart can break, even one that no longer beats.

I stalk my new neighbors, a single mother and her child, drawn by the irresistible scent of their joy and love. I crave their blood, starved for some healing respite from my ancient grief. Now to lure them into my grasp.

But they surprise me. Little Olivia accepts me without fear or reservation—talking, smiling, offering innocent affection that tugs at my long-lost humanity. Her mother, Samantha, seeks me out when she should stay away, offering sweet friendship, and calling to the forgotten man within me. They lure me instead.
Ah, Dio, Lucien, run and spare them while you can…

Our Review [Provided by Michelle McMichael]: 
Forever Freed is a paranormal romance told in first person from the hero, Lucien's point of view. At the start of the book Lucien is the epitome of the angsty/broody vamp, I enjoyed the insight into his thoughts as he tries to come to terms with the loss of his family and his inability to save them. When Lucien meets Olivia he is amazed by how easily she accepts his presence and shows no instinctual fear of him. Her innocence touches Lucien and he can't help but want to protect her. Samantha enters Luciens life around the same time but leaves him with an overwhelming urge to consume her. Lucien attempts to insert himself into her life but he doesn't expect to discover Olivia's place in her life.
Lucien undergoes a huge transformation from broody vamp to protector and lover but it's not an easy journey. I really enjoyed the fact that yes it's a love story but it's also so much more, there's a little bit of everything in here. I'm a little disappointed that it's a stand alone. There are a few unanswered questions especially when it comes to Lucien and his bloodline. Olivia was a delightful addition to the story and I really enjoyed her interactions with Lucien.

There's a lot of promise in this book so LITERAL ADDICTION gives it:
4 Skulls
Forever Freed =





REVIEW: 

No comments:

Post a Comment