Tuesday, November 12, 2013

[Archive] LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Dust of My Wings


Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate – even if it’s just in her books. Happy endings are always near – even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.

Carrie Ann’s Redwood Pack series is a bestselling series that has made the shifter world even more real to her and has allowed the Dante’s Circle and Holiday, Montana series to be born. She’s also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.

Feel free to stalk Carrie Ann at the following places online –
Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog, Goodreads, Amazon Author Page and Pinterest.


Dust of My Wings, book #1 of the DANTE'S CIRCLE Series
    by Carrie Ann Ryan

Buy from Amazon / B&N / Powell's / Book Depository / BAM

Synopsis:
Neat freak lab tech, Lily Banner lives her life as any ordinary human. She’s dedicated to her work and loves to hang out with her friends at Dante’s Circle, their local bar. When she discovers a strange blue dust at work she meets a handsome stranger holding secrets – and maybe her heart. But after a close call with a thunderstorm, she may not be as ordinary as she thinks.

Shade Griffin is a warrior angel sent to Earth to protect the supernaturals’ secrets. One problem, he can’t stop leaving dust in odd places around town. Now he has to find every ounce of his dust and keep the presence of the supernatural a secret. But after a close encounter with a sexy lab tech and a lightning quick connection, his millennia old loyalties may shift and he could lose more than just his wings in the chaos.

Warning: Contains a sexy angel with a choice to make and a green-eyed lab tech who dreams of a dark-winged strange

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Bewitching Bella - Charity:
Let me start by saying I LOVE Carrie Ann Ryan and I am a huge fan of hers, so when I was asked to read the Dante's Circle series for an event for Literal Addiction, I was honored to do so. I have read her Redwood Series and her Holiday Series but never got to this one because I thought if I feel in love with this series too than I was going to offically become a stalker of Carrie Ann's and become creepy. :)

I have never read anything like this, the mix of so many supernatural species peeked my curiosity and had me thinking how Carrie Ann is going to build this world and have it mesh well.

I enjoyed the setup of the world in the Dante's Circle series and I can see this series going for the long run. I love how the title of the series clicked for me and realized that Book 1 was setting up the rest in the series nicely.

I do want to say the Kindle version of Dust of My Wings had some typos and was missing some punctuation that through me off a little bit. It's hard sometimes for me to turn off my inner editor. But it did not deter me from the story or the plot.

I felt that in the beginning it was a little slow starting and by the end it was a little rushed. I think because I have read all of Carrie Ann's other series I know what to expect from her as a writer and I know how her series grow with each book, so I was a little disappointed with the pace of book 1 overall.

The plot and characters overall had me enthralled thou and I felt that she did a great job with Lily and her character development, in the end all the little "compulsions" made sense. I do hope that throughout the rest of the novels in this series we get to see Lily blossom as I'm sure she is going to.

Shade came right out of my fantasies, the dark hair, blue eyes....Mmm! I love how Carrie Ann showed us his torment of being torn between his duty and his heart.

A few things I am excited about regarding this series as a whole; I want to see where Carrie Ann is going to take this world, I know what she is capable of and I know the reader is in for a treat with this one. I also want to know more about Dante himself.

Overall I was pleased with Dust of My Wings, Book 1 in Carrie Ann Ryan's Dante's Circle series and give it 4 out of 5, I am excited to see what happens next.

Dust of My Wings




No comments:

Post a Comment